Effective Date: April 28th, 2018
Thank you for Using Driveroo!
Driveroo collects information about you when you use our mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us.
Scope and Application
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to persons anywhere in the world who use our apps or Services to request on-demand services (“Users”). This Statement does not apply to information we collect from or about Driveroo Network Companies, or any other persons who use the Driveroo platform under license. If you interact with the Services as both a User and a Network Company, the respective privacy statements apply to your different interactions.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, pictures, payment method, items requested (for services), service reviews, and other information you choose to provide.
How We Use Registration Information
We use Personally Identifiable Information for our own internal purposes including contacting you to inform you about updates to our services and providing you with information related to transactions that you conduct on the Driveroo Platform. We reserve the right to disclose your information as required by law.
We do not rent or sell our Users’ Personally Identifiable Information to third parties. We may send you email communications including information that we may think may be of interest to you, and we may provide your email address to third party partners if we believe their products or promotions may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails at any time by modifying the Preferences section of your profile or by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any marketing email you receive from us. In addition, to improve our ability to serve you relevant ads across the Internet for products that will be more interesting to you, we may provide your personal information to our advertising agents that use your information solely for our advertising purposes.
We may disclose and transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to any successor-in-interest of ours, such as a company that acquires our business. We may need to disclose your personal information when required by law or when we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process.
Online Order Placement and Management
The private and shared areas of the Driveroo Platform help to facilitate communication and the exchange and sharing of information between Users and Network Companies. The information contained in service requests and inspections is accessible by Us, the User, and the Network Company. We may use non-Personally Identifiable Information for statistical analysis, product development, marketing, and research. We reserve the right to monitor communications throughout the Driveroo Platform, and if we believe that a User is violating any of our agreements; international, federal or state laws; and/or our stated policies, we may terminate such usage.
Online Surveys and Contests
Occasionally, we conduct online user surveys to collect information about our Users’ preferences. These surveys are optional, and if you choose to respond, your responses will be kept anonymous. Similarly, we may offer contests to qualifying Users in which we ask for contact and demographic information such as name, email address, and mailing address. None of this information is shared with third parties, except in summary form, if at all. The demographic information that we collect in the registration process and through online surveys is used to help us improve our services to meet the needs and preferences of our Users. This may include targeting advertising to you about our services. Information we gather through a contest may also be disclosed to third parties as necessary for prize fulfillment and other aspects of any contest or similar offering.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information: When you use the Services, we collect precise location data about the trip from the Driveroo app used by the User and Network. If you permit the Driveroo app to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Contacts Information: If you permit the Driveroo app to access the address book on your device through the permission system used by your mobile platform, we may access and store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our Services and for other purposes described in this Statement or at the time of consent or collection.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promo code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data : Our Services facilitate communications between Users and Network Companies. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive data, including the date and time or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
Important Information About Platform Permissions
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Driveroo app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Driveroo app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent. To learn about the platform-level permissions that the app seeks, please visit our new iOS Permissions page and Android Permissions page. Sometimes these permissions require more explanation than the platforms themselves provide, and the permissions we request will change over time, so we’ve created these pages to serve as authoritative and up-to-date resources for our users.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect
through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your Driveroo account with a payment provider (e.g., Google Wallet) or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- When you request on-demand services, our Network Companies may provide us with a User rating after providing services to you.
- If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance as a Network Company or user of other apps we provide, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a User or rider.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, and provide customer support to Users and Network Companies, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and a Network Company, such as estimated times of arrival (ETAs), or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals, invites, or ETA sharing;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Driveroo and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements. We may transfer the information described in this Statement to, and process and store it in, the United States and other countries, some of which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you reside. Where this is the case, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this Statement.
Sharing of Information
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
Through Our Services
We may share your information:
- With Network Companies to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we share your name, photos (if you provide one), and average User rating given by Network Companies;
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate.
Other Important Sharing
We may share your information:
- With Driveroo subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our User agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Driveroo or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing;
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
We may allow others to provide audience measurement and analytics services for us, to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet, and to track and report on the performance of
European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Driveroo Inc. relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. If you wish to delete your account, please contact email@example.com. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
Driveroo will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
We request permission for our app’s collection of precise location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this will limit your ability to use certain features of our Services. Additionally, disabling our app’s collection of precise location from your device will not limit our ability to collect your trip location information from a Network Company device nor our ability to derive approximate location from your IP address.
We may also seek permission for our app’s collection and syncing of contact information from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device. The Android platform does not provide such a setting.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Driveroo does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
Cookies and Advertising
Please refer to our Cookie Statement for more information about your choices around cookies and related technologies.
Comments and Feedback Submitted by Users
We constantly seek to improve the quality and user experience of the Service. We value your input and encourage you to help us expand and make improvements to the Driveroo Platform and the Service by providing us with any thoughts or comments you might have regarding the Service or the operation of the Driveroo Platform. You can submit any comments you have to us by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. When sending us comments, we may receive your email address or User ID and the country in which you are located. This information is optional. If you provide this information, we will only use it to acknowledge or respond to your comments. Submitting comments via an email will not cause you to receive any secondary or promotional material unless specifically requested by you. In certain circumstances, we may ask for your permission to post your comments in marketing or promotional materials. We may send a request to receive Feedback on the Driveroo Platform or the Service. You understand that information you provide as part of a feedback request, review, photo submission, or similar method will be available to other users and in some cases may be publicly available.
We will use commercially reasonable methods to keep Personally Identifiable Information securely in our files and systems. Our payment site is operated using secure Internet connections, using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption, to help protect your financial data. We cannot, however, guarantee the security of your Personally Identifiable Information, particularly, as it travels over the Internet. As such, we encourage you to exercise caution in determining what information you disclose via the Internet.
Terminating Your Account
We save your Personally Identifiable Information until your account with us is terminated. To terminate your account, contact Driveroo Customer Service as indicated on our Contact Page. If you terminate your account, your Personally Identifiable Information cannot be recovered, and you may continue to receive email communications for a short period of time until we have updated all of our databases. After termination of your account, your Personally Identifiable Information may remain on our archived database and records for a reasonable time as residual information. We will not use this residual information for business development purposes but may retain it and use it in connection with internal business purposes, such as internal record keeping and legal compliance. We will maintain information on Users who have been removed for violating any of our policies.
Changes to the Statement
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please review the FAQ’s in the “Legal & Privacy” section here, where you may also submit your questions at email@example.com.