Get Live Demo
What is a DVIR?
A DVIR is a Driver Vehicle Inspection Report, a formal report whose purpose is to confirm the completion of a commercial motor vehicle (CMV) inspection by its driver, as required under 49 CFR 396.11 and 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
Per 49 CFR 396.11, a driver must conduct a post-trip inspection of each vehicle they operate at the end of the day. Any discovered issues must be reported and corrective actions taken.
Per 49 CFR 396.13, a driver must conduct a pre-trip inspection at the beginning of each day by reviewing the last DVIR completed on the vehicle and verifying that the required repairs (if any) have been performed.
Together, DVIRs produced during pre- and post-trip inspections play a crucial role in promoting road safety and reducing the risk of accidents involving CMVs operating in interstate commerce (passenger-carrying CMVs are exempt).
Save Time – Go Digital
• Ease of adoption: Our intuitive visual inspection system makes it painless for drivers to adopt the software without the need for extensive and potentially costly training.
• Reduced risk of missed issues: Thanks to the guided nature of our DVIR software and its database of prior issues, drivers are far less likely to miss important issues during inspections or resort to pencil whipping.
• Simplified administration: Compared with paper-based inspections, digital DVIRs save time and money on administration because they eliminate the need for manual data entry, collection, and storage of physical forms.
• Hassle-free auditing: Digital DVIRs help commercial motor vehicle operators pass audits without any hassle by providing an organized and easily accessible archive of all inspection reports.
• Streamlined issue resolution: Driveroo provides instant visibility to issues that can be quickly resolved through Driveroo's easy repair and maintenance management capabilities with in-house mechanics or external repair services. Resolved issues are automatically recorded for DOT reporting.
• Real-time tracking: Our software provides real-time tracking of vehicle inspection results, giving fleet managers access to up-to-date information on the condition of the entire fleet.
• Cost savings: Commercial motor vehicle operators that embrace digital DVIR software can achieve significant cost savings by simplifying their administration and resolving maintenance issues before they cause expensive accidents.
How it Works
Don't Just Trade Paper
For Digital Paper
The key to a successful for digital DVIR project is ensuring that the inspections are accurate and consistent. Driveroo's unique visual inspection experience combined with it's missed inspection alerts and one of a kind smart inspections that remember prior issues makes it easier and faster for drivers. No more pencil whipping forms or skipped inspections. Just more accurate and consistent inspection data available instantly online.Get Live Demo